Monday, November 5, 2007

Saying Good-Bye

On October 31st we were celebrating more than just Halloween. We were also celebrating selling our old home on Prince Street. Settlement was at 1 pm, but the girls stopped on the way to school that morning to say good-bye to the house. Here they are hugging the house. They loved that house.
I wanted to have this picture with the tree. We planted this tree about three years ago and I took a picture of the girls helping Ray plant it. I am hoping to find that picture and post it here so we can see how everyone has grown.
And we couldn't leave until we gave the other tree a hug too. They are really going to miss this tree. Our new yard has many trees, but none are as good as this one when it comes to climbing.
The new owner was kind enough to tell Ella that she and Marley are invite back to climb whenever they want. I am very thrilled to have finally sold this house. I was also thrilled to meet the new owner and hear her express the things she loves about it. I so appreciate that she sees the same charm in it that we did. I wish her years of happiness there. I know the house will be good to her. It was good to us. But it also feels very good to say "Good-bye!" This sale now allows us to be very happy in our new home. All is GOOD.

No comments: