Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Update

Okay, so I haven't been doing a great job of updating my blog for the past two months. It seems to have taken a back seat to some other priorities. Mainly, I have not had the energy to sit at the computer late at night like I did before I was pregnant. I am 18 weeks, along as of today. The nausea and fatigue have subsided and I am beginning to feel like I am getting back into a normal routine. For now....

That may all change when I take on a long term sub position in a few days. I have been asked to return to the high school Family and Consumer Science (home econ) Department for the remainder of the school year. I expect to start in a few days. I know the next few months will go by incredibly fast once I start working full time. But that just means the waiting for the baby to get here will go by that much faster.

I had my second sonogram today. Everything looks as it should. Baby measured exactly as we were expecting.


Here is Marley's favorite shot. Hopefully you can see the hand waving beside the face. Marley says it looks like an alien. I reminded her that I have a very similar photo of her taken at 19 weeks. She was able to go along for the appointment since she was sick last night and I didn't want her to go to school today. She had a million questions for the technician who was very nice to answer all of her inquiries.


Ray, Ella and I like this photo best.
I think the baby looks so big but it is only 5 oz. in size.
And yes, we are still calling it an "it." We did not find out the sex. We want it to be a surprise! I know that is hard for some people but we think it will be more fun for our family this way. Turns out "Be-Be" (as we have nicknamed the baby) had it's legs crossed and we wouldn't have been able to find out the sex if we had chosen.
Hope you enjoy Baby Bradner's first photos on the blog!
I will try to keep updating.

2 comments:

Dottie said...

I like the second picture best too, sorry Marley! Now for some pregnant Momma shots!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie:

So glad all is going well. I've been thinking of you. We didn't find out the gender for either one of our daughters...I wanted it to be a surprise since there are so few surprises in life (though Tim wanted to find out...mother wins in this decision).

Cindy