Tuesday, October 23, 2007

S-P-I-R-I-T!

We got spirit! Yes we do! We got spirit! How about you? LHS Homecoming Football game was held on Oct. 12th. Homecoming is a day where the entire school district is encouraged to go all out in showing school spirit. Ella is up early in the morning, dressed in her blue and gold and ready to cheer on the team.
Marley has on her Thunderbolt sweatshirt and poses with a football. You may not be able to see it, but her face is painted too. Everyone is ready for the big district pep rally at 2pm.
There was time to pass the ball around a few times in the front yard before heading off to class.
After the pep rally, the kids were psyched. We HAD to go to the parade too. The parade lasted about 2 minutes and consisted of about 10 decorated cars carrying the homecoming court, a float of cheerleaders and a float of football players. Not so exciting.....unless you are 5 years old. Every single car and float throws out CANDY! Look at this pile of CANDY! Ella will cheer for that. We got so much, the three of us could not manage to stuff it into our pockets. I had not brought my purse with me, so we had to fold up the bottoms of our sweatshirts and walk back to the car to unload before entering the field for the game.

It was an easy win for the home team. How could they loose with all this fantastic support from fans like this.

(Note to loyal readers: Ella was allowed to get a glow in the dark necklace. Her first since the toxic scare from last month. )

Homecoming is always a great night to see old friends. I didn't see very many of my own classmates this time, but I did enjoy watching my two little thunderbolts interacting with their own classmates. I do feel blessed to have my children attending the same school I grew up in. For the most part, my days at LHS were very positive. Small towns have their advantages. Now that I am working in the school and I have two kids attending, I see that some things never change. While I grew up thinking a small town lacked much excitement, I have lived long enough to learn that less excitement is better. I am proud to call Littlestown my home.

WE GOT SPIRIT!

YES WE DO!

WE GOT SPIRIT!

HOW ABOUT YOU?

No comments: