Today was the first day of school for my girls. Ella is starting fresh in kindergarten and Marley is a seasoned second grader. Ella was up at 5:45 am. She came and whispered to me, "I have a very big day today. Can we talk?" So, I was up!. She wanted to take a shower even though she had a bath last night. I let her, since we had the time. She claimed she had little feathers all over her that I could not see. They were from her bed. But the shower took care of them. By the time she was dry, Marley's alarm was going off. Here they are getting ready in their bathroom. There was even time for flossing! Notice Ella's pointy princess hat. She was a little disappointed to learn she could not wear that to school. After some debating, we compromised and fixed her up with some piggy tails. "Not high up ones." They had to be low and in the back.
Marley has promised to look after her little sister and make sure she gets to her classroom. The girls' rooms are actually very close to each other in the school building. Marely has always been a fantastic big sister. She watches out for Ella and steps right up when help is needed. She has great patience and has been a wonderful teacher to Ella in her early years.
They were very excited to get going. No nervous bellies this year! Marley admitted she was anxious, but not scared. We pulled up in front of the school and off they went. Ella was thrilled to see her cousin Abby at the front door. Abby is starting her first day of kindergarten too. I think having Marley and Abby in the school made it easy for Ella to be so independent. I am proud of how both my girls are growing and learning. Now I am sitting at home, alone, enjoying a cup of coffee. I am loving the quiet time and treasuring it because, hopefully, any moment my phone will ring and the school will be requesting that I get back to work. Yeah!!!!!




2 comments:
The first day! Your baby is in school! I can't wait to hear all about it! I can't wait to see the wonderful art work! Congratulations on your first cup of coffee alone in a long time!
Our condolences to you and your family on the fishy.XOXO girls,Deb
Post a Comment